Ordering your Wedding Album
- How this all works: You choose a number of “must have” pictures and “maybe” pictures from your DVD based on the album included in your package – details here.
- Here are the tips to help with your selection.
- Choose the Album Design Style
- Submit your selection
- Our designer will contact you if any upgrades / modifications are suggested
- We design the book, send you the final draft for approval
- Alternative to this process
- We submit the book for printing
- Let us know if you wish to have your book shipped ($25/book flat), or you may schedule for a pickup during the weekday during business hours.
We offer three styles of albums: Fine Art Album, Flush Mount Album, and Coffee Table Book.
- The wedding albums included in our packages are 30 or 40 pages depending on the package you selected.
- You may choose up to a certain number of pictures that will go into your wedding album (MUST HAVEs) – see the table below.
- The following table illustrates the number of “MUST HAVE” pictures in your wedding album.
|Album Type||MUST HAVES||Maybe|
|12×12” 40-page Flush Mount Album||65||70|
|10×15” 30-page Flush Mount Album||50||70|
|12×12” 30-page Flush Mount Album||40||70|
|11×11” 30-page Flush Mount Album||35||70|
|10×10” 30-page Flush Mount Album||30||70|
- You may select up to an additional 70 pictures (MAYBEs) to be considered to include in your wedding album, in which we will choose from to work with in order to come up with the final album design. The total number of pictures included in the final draft varies depending on the design, images chosen, as well as the size of the album.
- We draft the design based on all your “MUST HAVE” pictures, and utilize the pictures from your “MAYBE” pool to create a flow in the overall design.
- The larger the book, or the more pages the book, the more pictures we generally include in both the “MUST HAVE” and “MAYBE” pools. We also reseve the rights to add pictures based on our best judgement to illustrate the story within the album.
- All wedding albums will contain at least the following 20 pages out of the minimum of 30 pages. The remaining of the pages will be flexible pages that make up for the rest of the wedding events or spreads of your favorite pictures
|Page Type||# of Pages|
|Preparation (Bride + Groom)||2|
|Banquet Events (Cake/Toss/speech/toast)||4|
|Dance / Celebration||2|
* the above is a brief guideline only, we will adjust the content of the pages accordingly for each of our album design.
- Each wedding album design is carefully laid out to best present your event and is an artistic presentational layout. We would pick additional pictures from the rest of the selection to present a good flow of events and best present the images.
- One draft change up to 5 picture substitution is included with your wedding album included in your wedding photography package without major alteration to the design.
- If you wish to have additional “MUST HAVE” photos included in your album, consider a larger size album for more room to fit the additional pictures; or alternatively you may also consider adding additional pages to the book.
- We would try our very best to include all the pictures you have chosen in the album design draft which may include additional pages. You have the option to accept or decline the addition of pages.
- Our wedding album designer will contact you for an initial design estimate and advice you if we believe an album size upgrade or additional pages would benefit the final product.
- Beyond the included draft change of 5 photo substitution, further modification to the design is available for $50/hr.
- Concentrate on selecting your top selections first. Chances are you’ll end up with hundreds to begin with.
- In order to make a good pool of selections, you’ll need some pictures from different times of the day – some from the preparation, ceremony, reception, and some family pictures and portraits. Separate them into folders to help yourself organize if necessary.
- Pick out the “MUST HAVE” pictures. These are usually your favorite bridal portraits, immediate family portraits, pictures from the reception, and a few favorites throughout the day.
- The “MAYBE” pictures generally would include pictures that compliment your best selections listed as “MUST HAVE”. These pictures will help us outline the day and illustrate the story with the album. Some detail shots, candid shots, or those pictures that you have a hard time letting go.
- Most of the time you’ll still end up with more pictures that you can fit into the album.
- Album should flow in a chronological order to look and feel right. Go through your selection one last time and see if anything feels missing.
- Larger albums allow us more room to work with the design, and we would be able to include more pictures per page without packing things too tight.
- More eventful weddings call for additional pages so that different events aren’t packed into the same page.
- Prices for Album Upgrade
|Flush Mount Album – additional 1-3 spreads (1 spread = 2 pages)||$50|
|Flush Mount Album – additional 4-6 spreads||$45|
|Flush Mount Album – additional 7+ spreads||$40|
|Fine Art Album – additional spread (2 pages)||$60|
|Flush Mount Album upsize – 10×10” to 11×11”||$200|
|Flush Mount Album upsize – 10×10” to 12×12”||$400|
|Fine Art Album upsize – 11×11” to 12×12”||$350|
|Flush Mount Album to Fine Art Album upgrade||$400|
|Slim Pages upgrade||$100|
- If you would like to fully customize your album design, we offer two options:
- You may wish to make additional small changes that can be done over the phone or email. We can help you with these small adjustments for $50/hr. We do not accept major design changes over the phone or email.
- You may schedule an appointment with our album designer at our studio for a Custom Album Design Service. Custom Album Design Service is priced at $100/hr with a 2 hour minimum.
- Please email Winnie at Winnie@hermanau.com for an further information or to make your appointment.
- All Flush Mount Albums come with black leatherette covers unless specified.
- We have a wide selection of optional album cover materials ranging from $25 to $50, and canvas wrap album cover for $100.
- Leatherette Keepsake Box that matches the cover material chosen for your wedding album is available at $120.
- We use high quality glossy paper for Flush Mount Albums as standard. Luster Paper is available optionally for an additional $50 / album.
- We can create a custom die to stamp your wedding monogram onto the front page of your album. It is a one time die creation charge which costs $100 and the stamping is free of charge for all subsequent albums you order with us. Custom die stamping only available for Flush Mount and Fine Art Albums.
Once you receive your wedding DVD, you may begin with your selection by jotting down the file numbers. Typically they look something like this: 176.DSC_6657.jpg
The first 3-4 digit number represent the sequence of your pictures, and the last 4 digital represent the file number on our records.
Please provide us with a list of the last 4 digitals separated by a comma. Sample: 3357, 3360, 3411, 3516, 6511, 6524, 3639 The easiest way to handle your selection is to make a text document on your computer, or simply jot it down on paper.
In some very rare cases you may have overlapping file numbers in your set of pictures. If that is the case please jot down the entire file name such as – D7A_5555.jpg, D7B_5555.jpg or simply separate the 2nd photographer’s images in a separate list or folder.
You may email your selection directly to our in-house album design Winnie at firstname.lastname@example.org once you have chosen your pictures and she will work with you regarding the details.
Q: How long does the album creation process takes?
A: The design process usually takes about 3-4 weeks to complete, allow us about 2 weeks to process, and an additional 4-5 weeks for our printer to hand craft your album. Add another week for delivery. Most albums take about 10 to 11 weeks from picture submission to delivery.
Q: Picking the pictures out of all these wedding pictures I received is hard! Is there an easier way to do this?
A: Yes! Just like how you entrusted us in photographing your wedding, you could also tell us to use our best judgement to put together the album for you. This is probably the easiest, and quickest way to receive your wedding album.
Q: What’s the difference between a bigger book and additional pages?
A: Additional pages allow us to include more events and separate things in the book, while a large size would give us more space to work with the design and fill the book with more content. Both methods will help you fulfill the book with more pictures but the results would be different.
Q: I wish to get a bigger album and add more pages, but without adding more weight to it. Do you have any suggestions?
A: Typical Flush Mount Albums are heavy because they pack heavy card stocks between pages. We use ultra thin plastic sheets between the pages in our Fine Art line of albums, and thus they look slimmer, feel contemporary, and are lighter in weight without sacrifice in quality. It’s a perfect balance between functionality and style.
Q: How many pictures does an additional 2 pages (1 spread) in the flush mount album translate to?
A: There really isn’t a magic set number in reality and it really depends on your selections. Say you add 1 picture from the prep and 1 picture from the dance, and if we were to do a full spread for the dance you choose to include as “MUST HAVE” then that translates to 2 pages for the 1 picture and maybe we could fit that prep picture into the prep page without adding anything. So the best thing to do is to narrow down your choices first and we’ll try to do the layout based on your selection.
For more information regarding our Wedding Photography Services please visit this section.
Q: What is the difference between a Flush Mount Album and a Fine Art Album?
A: Our fine art paper uses a similar binding process but uses a different printing process. We use Mont Blanc Paper in our Fine Art Albums and you have the option of using 1mm slim plastic sheet in between the pages which retains the durability and yet make the entire album slimmer and more portable. We also include our canvas wrap upgrade as part of the Fine Art Album series which you can choose between our full line of covers or canvas wrap over the book.