Hey folks! It’s August already can you believe it? 2011 has been an amazing year for us so far and I have fallen behind on blogging, as usual. I have been very busy with engagement sessions the past month and we just experienced the first wave of summer weddings the past month. I’m glad it hasn’t been too hot just yet (keeping my fingers crossed) so my photographer’s tan still isn’t too obvious. I will look like a piece of charcoal very soon thou so feel free to poke fun at me when you see me over the next few months. =)
I’ve been very addicted to the look of the late afternoon sun over the past few months, and I’ve always loved the rustic looks of late spring / early summer fields. Tina and Miguel are so amazingly photogenic and they’re so kind to let me do my thing going with my suggestions hitting up some of the not so popular places. Instead of going to the most popular spots this year we actually went to a few places in Brea, Chino Hills, and Chino. The results – a super cute couple looking amazing even thou they’re supposedly jet-lagged. =) Thanks to Elsa at ME Events & Design coordinating everything and making my life so much easier. I can’t tell you how much I look forward to photographing their wedding later this year!
Just a few tidbits before I go back to post-processing and preparing for the wedding this upcoming weekend at St. Regis Monarch Beach Wedding:
- We’re having the honor to be working with some of the best wedding coordinators this year including Lumiani Events, Fresh Events Company, ME Events & Design, & Aquafuzion. I’m really super excited about that! =)
- I picked up a Nikon D7000 lately and having a lot of fun with it! Yep, I’m actually having lots of fun with videos!
- My wife Shirley is officially 3 months pregnant! Well I was going to post a separate blog post about it but I think you’ll be better off reading my wife’s blog.
- We are now officially offering videography services. I know I’ve been talking about it on and off but yes it will be a part of our services from now on. It will officially have it’s own section in our 2012 prices which isn’t out yet. If you wish to lock in to our 2011 prices I suggest you act quickly!
- Pelican cases are very hard, don’t bang your knee against it, or leave it in the middle of the room and turn off all your lights.