I can’t believe it’s May already and wedding season has officially begun! I’m going through the busiest month of the year and there’s a back-to-back Saturday and Sunday wedding later this month. There has been quite a bit of changes thou and we’re definitely moving forward in the past few months to provide a quicker turnaround time, and also expanding our services. I can’t wait to share with you guys what’s in store. =)
- I still remember not too long ago when I wasn’t sure what route I wanted to take in my photography career, and I worked on some small automotive shots just for fun. A couple months ago I got a flickr mail from Digital Photo Magazine in the UK, and to my surprise they wanted to use one of my pictures… I’m super stoked and flattered and I still can’t believe that happened, especially knowing myself for not ever entering my work into any forms of contest, ever! I hope someday my wedding work will get there and I really look forward to that. =) You’ll find this picture in the Digital Photo Magazine issue 129 (May 2010) page 8 and 9 full spread!
- Blog update! As you probably already have noticed there’s been several updates to this blog, and there are even more upcoming changes to make the site more user friendly and aesthetically pleasing. We’ll be implementing slideshows and other cool new features next!
- Wedding Gift Registry!! I’ve been thinking about this for a while ’cause often times I come across couples who could use a little help with their wedding budget and doesn’t need that fourth toaster oven, the Wedding Gift Registry we now offer should solve that problem nicely. All you need to do is to spread the words before your wedding to your guests, and we’ll take care of the rest for you!
- The Apple iPad – This new toy is definitely making my life easier. It allows me to bring much more than just a few albums and my portfolio book at meetings. Now I can even bring some of my sample album layouts, and pretty much all the pictures I wanted in high resolution, along with a nice calendar, my emails, and even replaces my notepad. I’m loving it!
- We’re cooking up a new client booklet and package list for our new couples to improve communication and to provide them a much better idea what to expect along every stage of their wedding from us.
- We work hard in order to provide the best experience possible for every couple, and we’re very proud of all our collection of 5-star reviews as shown on projectwedding.com and some even on Yelp! The positive feedback count continues to grow, and Shirley and I are totally humbled and I can’t thank you all enough!
- Videography – a few of you have inquired, but unfortunately we’re still working out the details at the moment so that would’t be available as early as we hoped for. I’ll be sure let you guys know once we have anything set in stone.
- Last but not least, PHOTO BOOTH! It’s been on my mind for the past few months and I haven’t been able to set it in motion. But I finally picked up the key equipments and we’re working towards the finishing touches at the moment. In the next couple of months we should be ready to roll out that new service, and it’s going to be awesome! We wouldn’t be bringing in a passport photo booth to your wedding, instead, we’ll bring in a real photographer with professional lighting setup and all the gears to print you 4×6 lab quality photos on the fly. Best of all, we’re working on making it consistent with our entire experience – FUN! Stay tuned for more info!