Photography is not just my profession. It is most importantly my life-long hobby and my passion. I first picked up a camera on my honeymoon, fascinated by the camera but drawn by what I was able to capture. It is the joy, the happiness, and the memories that stayed with me after the trip that made me realize I wanted to continue shooting. I photographed everything around me – food, flowers, water, buildings, cars, people, and everything else I found. I took my camera out wherever I went, shot whatever I could, and all I read was photography books and magazines before bed. However, nothing satisfied me more than being able to do what I do now – preserving precious memories and capturing life stories as they unfold.
Random tidbits about me:
- I was married 3 years ago, and I still freshly remember the bits and pieces of it. I treasure my own wedding pictures because they preserve the memories for that memorable day from a different perspective. I love that, and now I try my best to pass that along with my own camera.
- I currently own 7 cameras – Nikon D700, D300, D200, F100, Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3, DMC-TS1, and a Polaroid ONE Instant Camera. I do take quite a lot of pictures with my iPhone, but that’s my phone and it doesn’t count!
- I wear glasses, sometimes, and yes they are corrective lenses if you’re wondering.
- I use Macs, and I <3>
- I bought my first convertible – a 92 Mazda Miata, in 2009; and driving it with the top down became one of my favorite pass-times.
- I lost count of how many polo shirts I have already…
- I don’t know why, but I keep on losing my bluetooth headsets; just like how everybody’s socks keep disappearing when they do laundry, but somehow you only lose one of the pair…
- I’m usually very critical about things in life, and I am also my own worst critic. =)
- I love Japanese food, and I love love love good o’ authentic real Japanese sushi.
- I have fruits phobia. Yep, you read that right… the only fruits I eat are: apple, orange, lemon, pineapple (on Hawaiian pizzas only), and tomato (yea?).
- Latest addiction – watching Dexter on Netflix